I only took my injured bike in for surgery today, to be met with one of the most genuine, small-town, comfort-trust feelings I rarely experience in Los Angeles. I can not give you a persons name, nor tell you of my bikes recovery but can tell from the initial entering of the store, the honest approach and demeanor, that my bike and myself, have found our bike-heaven.
We offer a full range of repair services at the prices listed below. Please note: labor rates for specialty bikes such as Xtracycle, e-bikes, Bakfiets, Elliptigo, Tandems, Recumbents and Folding will be quoted separately. All parts are subject to applicable sales tax.
Bike Commuter members receive a 10% discount on accessories and 15% discount on labor
GOT A QUESTION FOR OUR SERVICE PROS?
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 310-576-0934!
OUR MAINTENANCE & REPAIR SERVICES
• $40 single-speed
• $75 multi-speed
True wheels, adjust brakes and pads, adjust shifting, adjust bearings, lubricate and clean chain and all necessary components and cables, surface clean bike.
• $125 all bikes
Basic tune + new cables (housing not included), replace bar tape, full wheel true and spoke balancing.
• $175 all bikes
Advance tune + replace all cables and cable housing, bearing overhaul, frame polish
• Brake pads: $10 and up (various rim and disc pads available)
• Install brakes: $20 V, road, disc, center-pull, cantilever (pad alignment, adjust cable tension included)
• Install pads: $10 per pair / $10 disc pads / $15 hydraulic (pad alignment, adjust cable tension included)
• Adjust V/road brake: $10 basic (pad alignment, brake arm centering included)
• Adjust disc brake: $15 (bleeding not included)
• Hydraulic brake bleed: $20 (cost of fluid not included)
Levers & Cables
• Install levers: $15 each / $30 drop bar road levers (brake & shifter adjust, all necessary brake adjustments included)
• Cables: $4 per cable (end caps included))
• Cable install: $15 each (cable/pad adjustment included, cable & housing not included)
• Cable housing $2 per foot (ferrules included)
• Adjustment: $10 each
• Installment: $20 each (adjustment included)
• Hanger alignment: $10+ (quote depends on severity)
• Install: $20 each / $30 for drop road levers (brake & shifter adjustment, grip or STI (Shimano Total Integration) shifters, cables & cable adjustment included)
• Cable install: $20 each / $10 tune-up add-on (install & adjustment included)
Freewheel/cassette install: $10 / $5 tune-up add-on or with new chain install
• Wheel build: $1 per minute (times vary depending on wheel build complexity — approx. 1 hour, parts not included)
• Training wheel install: $15
• Wheel true: $15+ (cost depends on severity)
• Spoke replacement: $20 (spokes not included, $1.50 each)
• Tires: $20-60 new
• Tire install: $10
• Tubes: $7.50
• Flat repair: $10 / $20 electric or motorized (tube not included)
Adjust: $10 / $5 tune-up add-on (tightening/loosening as necessary, lubrication of bearings included)
Overhaul: $15 loose ball / $30 coaster brake (replacement of bearings or cleaning of bearings in retainer included)
Install: $50 (cutting to size, proper headset adjustment included)
Install: $30 (removal of old headset, installation of new headset included)
Adjust: $10 (tightening/loosening as necessary included)
Overhaul: $25 (cleaning, adjustment, replacement of bearings when applicable included)
Cleaning: $15 (cleaning, lubrication included)
Install: $10 (derailleur adjustment included)
Overhaul: $30 loose ball or cartridge (cleaning, replacement of bearings included)
Bar install: $15 (cable install/adjustment not included)
Bar tape: $10
Grip install: $10
• Computer: $15+ (install, programming included)
• Rack: $15+
• Fender: $15 each
• Trailer: $10+
• Child seat: $20 (rack install included, price may vary based on bike)
• Basket: $10+
• Lock to frame: $5 (free with purchase)
• Bike build: $40 single-speed / $70 multi-speed (out of box build, tuning included)
• Box bike for shipping: $75
• Excess cleaning fee: $15+ (if bike is exceptionally dirty before repair)
Best bike shop in Santa Monica by far. SEAN fixed up my bike with ease and took extra time to make sure the seat was the right height change to post out. I highly met recommend this place for getting your bike tuned up flat tires fixed. And also rentals they have pretty much everything that you need for a day at the beach we’re getting around town in Santa Monica.
Great service very friendly and efficient close to the pier and easy access to the beach bike path. Had a fun day.