The Longest Running and Most Rigorous Sustainable Business Awards Program in Southern California Announces the 2014 Winners
The Santa Monica Bike Center is honored to receive an Excellence Award in the area of Economic Development from the Santa Monica Chamber of Commerce, Sustainable Works and the City of Santa Monica.
“The SQA is the oldest and most rigorous sustainable business award in Southern California” says Shannon Parry, Deputy Sustainability Officer for the Office of Sustainability and the Environment for the City of Santa Monica. “We congratulate the past and current winners on their exemplary leadership. The SQA program, honoring over 115 businesses since 1995, allows us to applaud and highlight how each and every one of these companies makes a difference. By recognizing their achievements, we hope to inspire other businesses to adopt their own sustainable practices, thus helping Santa Monica become a model sustainable community,” says Parry.
2014 SQA Winners Announced!
The Sustainable Quality Awards Grand Prize is awarded to businesses for combined excellence in three areas: economic development, social responsibility, and stewardship of the natural environment. “Excellence” awards are given to outstanding achievements in any one of the three areas.
The esteemed winners for 2014 are:
SQA Grand Prize Winners
SQA Excellence Winners
- Bike and Park Santa Monica – Economic Development
- Bryan Cave LLP – Social Responsibility
- The Digital Difference – Stewardship of the Environment
- Hostelling International LA/ Santa Monica – Stewardship of the Environment
- Huckleberry Café, Bakery & Catering – Stewardship of the Environment
- Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel – Social Responsibility
- Red Bull North America – Social Responsibility
- Santa Monica Daily Press – Social Responsibility
- The Santa Monica Museum of Art – Stewardship of the Environment
- Shore Hotel – Social Responsibility & Stewardship of the Environment
- Yahoo, Inc. – Social Responsibility