HOW IT WORKS
- Your child must attend an eligible school.
- Information that will be collected to schedule your trial period include:
- Name of parent or legal guardian.
- Home address, email and phone. Your personal information will inly be shared with program administrators.
- Eligible school your child attends (this will be verified).
- Preferred bike (first choice, second choice).
- The date you would like to begin the one-week trial.
- Appointments for test rides and/or sign-ups must be made in advance for Tues/Weds/Thurs/Friday’s. We cannot accommodate weekend test rides or sign-ups at the moment.
- Check out a bike, keep it secure with the provided lock, and ride safe by wearing a helmet.
Fulfillment will be managed by Sustainable Streets and eligible participants will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis. We will do our best to allocate the participants first bike choice.
- Secure overnight storage, participants will be responsible for all equipment during the trial period. Parking the bike outside overnight is not recommended, please consider your options for securing the equipment before registering.
- Participants assume full responsibility for all equipment and will agree to pay for lost, stolen, or damaged bikes at replacement cost.
- Participants must sign a waiver and agree to a security hold on a credit card to check out any equipment.
- Participants will ideally pick up and return the bike and accessories at The Bike Center, 1555 2nd Street, Santa Monica, CA 90401. Delivery to participants can be arranged, weekends & holidays excluded.
Ready to get rolling? Please contact us(opens in a new tab) to enter your information. Our program administrator will follow up with an email or call to answer any questions and schedule your trial dates.